Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 26 - unity & the body

A couple of quotes from our facebook page:

"On Tuesday some friends and I took a tour of the Pregnancy Care Centre here in Calgary and was impressed at what a caring compassionate but also effective organization this city is blessed with. It was important for my friends and I to know about the support available to women in crisis pregnancies and be able point these women in the right direction should we have the opportunity. Now back to working my sign for tomorrows vigil, it feels to be doing something."

"Thank you to my friends who shared in heartfelt prayer at the fence with me today. Your presence brings such comfort and courage."

"All praise and glory be to God!
God loves you, and I’m praying for you! How true these words ring out; yet, I was blocked from Planned Parenthood’s Facebook Wall for sharing His love daily. My brothers and sisters, please continue this mission of love! Though you will meet hate, I will be praying for you, and God will be with you. Let us share His wondrous love for all!"


"My friend and I once again drove the 2.5 hours each way to be across the street from the clinic in Calgary yesterday, holding signs and silently praying and sighing for the little lives being lost.. We were there for about 5 hrs and amid the sadness and death..there were glimmers of hope... The man in the nearby store, who went from scornfully referring to us as "those protesters" to at the end of... the day saying he would never agree to his wife/girlfriend having an abortion and that he also hopes abortion will end! The couple who emerged from the clinic and made a point of stopping to wave (who knows what happened?), the brother who thought he was being supportive by bringing in his sister but changed his mind while talking to us while she was in the clinic and although it was too late for her baby who knows how many people will be touched by his shift of thinking. And his sister who we talked to and loved even when it was too late for her baby... God works in wonderful ways!"

This 40 Days for Life prayer vigil is such a beautiful opportunity to join together with other members of the Body to pray for an end to injustice.   i loved this post about unity & i decided to share it with you here today. 
http://liveactionnews.org/opinion/when-division-strikes/

No comments:

Post a Comment