Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 6 - how's your heart?

I spent some time this weekend speaking at 2 different youth groups and sharing at a church I had never been to before. It was scary stuff - but an important part of 40 Days for Life is community outreach - so I humbly brought what loaves and fishes I had and trusted my Father to multiply.
I'd encourage those of you who are wondering how to so carefully wade into these prolife waters to start with prayer and fasting, follow that with public vigil, and community outreach. It doesn't have to be speaking in front of a group of people - it can be having conversations with your brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles, parents and friends. Don't be afraid to be the one to introduce a serious topic - gently bring it up - and begin reaching out to a community that has been shattered by abortion.
Need help? Ask us how.

Repost below:

***************************************************

There are so many hurting people in this world.

i could probably just end this post with that stand alone thought, but i want to tell you one more thing.
This morning as we prayed, my daughter prayed for something i'm sure she's heard me pray for countless times: softness.
"Father, help me to be soft..."
The thought stayed with me as i carried on my day.
Early on this frigid afternoon as my friend and i prayed outside that clinic, another young mama stood on the sidewalk beside us. She had a tiny sign made out of construction paper - and on it was handwritten in purple marker, "Babies are precious gifts".
She held her rosary while her little sign flapped in the breeze.
i noticed - that she cried when the door opened and closed. Silent and tearful - kept on the other side of the street, longing - she told us - to run across the street, and hold those people in her arms. She felt so deeply - so badly -
so softly...
She laughed apologetically to us when we introduced ourselves, "i'm sorry, i didn't know i would be so deeply affected being here today. It's my first time coming here to pray..." & she wore her anguish like a thing of beauty.
Oh God... There are so many hurting people in this world. Help me to be soft

1 comment:

  1. Compelling post Paige. The scene you paint is vivid and the prayer you pray has already been answered, to outside eyes at least!!

    your sister in Christ,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete