Monday, August 27, 2012

Another version of our statement of peace

I didn't realize that there were two different statements of peace - take a look at both of them. We'd love your feedback.

I testify to the following:

1. I will only pursue peaceful solutions to the violence of abortion when volunteering with the Calgary 40 Days for Life campaign.

2. I will show compassion and reflect Christ’s love to all abortion facility employees, volunteers, customers, and the general public.

3. I understand that acting in a violent or harmful manner immediately and completely disassociates me from the Calgary 40 Days for Life campaign

4. I am in no way associated with the Kensington abortion facility /Planned Parenthood or its affiliates by way of employment, informant, volunteer, client, or otherwise While standing on the designated sidewalk across and east of the Kensington abortion facility:

5. I will abide by the "Bubble" zone ruling and stay in designated areas specified by the Court Injunction, with a maximum of 4 persons (any age) on the sidewalk.

6. I will not have any graphic material on signs/placards that I carry.

7. I will only talk to the public if approached first while conducting the Calgary 40DFL vigil.

8. I will not look at any employee, clientele, or at the abortion facility itself in a threatening manner.

9. I will not obstruct the sidewalk traffic or go into the street while participating in the Calgary 40DFL prayer vigil.

10. I will closely attend to any children I bring to the prayer vigil

11. I will cooperate with local city authorities and immediately modify any behavior as directed.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paige! It's been awhile since I read your blog but with 40 Days gearing up I thought I'd come by and say hello! I like the new rules they've added especially the one about graphic images. There is a time and place for that but not at what is essentially a prayer vigil. I also agree with not approaching people which can be misunderstood as aggression. Last year we had some people from another town join us during 40 Days and they were aggressive and handed out brochures. They also tried to convert a teen girl to their faith when she was already a devout Christian - she just happened to belong to a church these people didn't agree with. So yes, I am all for the gentle touch with 40 Days - we pray, the Holy Spirit does all the work.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete