Friday, September 30, 2011

Day 3 - Another post from Victoria

Kali wrote this beautiful testimony on Day 1 of 40 days for Life...
Do you have a story to share?  Post it in the comments section, or email it to me by clicking on the tab above.   There will be a post from the Calgary vigil tomorrow... Stay tuned. 
*******************************************************
by kali - who blogs HERE

"America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation.

The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men.

It has sown violence and discord at the heart of the most intimate human relationships.

It has aggravated the derogation of the father's role in an increasingly fatherless society.

It has portrayed the greatest of gifts -- a child -- as a competitor, an intrusion, and an inconvenience.

It has nominally accorded mothers unfettered dominion over the independent lives of their physically dependent sons and daughters.  

And, in granting this unconscionable power, it has exposed many women to unjust and selfish demands from their husbands or other sexual partners. 

Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity.

The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign."

-Mother Theresa
 
Today marks the beginning of 40 Days for Life.   Today marks the beginning of 40 days where I will  pray, walk, serve & love those around me- in the name of Jesus.  He came to die so that others might live, and live abundantly.  I am living proof of His mercy & grace.  I did not get what I deserved.  

Choosing the path of abortion nearly 22 years ago has shaped the course of my life.  I have grieved the loss and I have walked the journey of healing and forgiveness.  I am blessed beyond measure with a husband who loves deeply, and seven children that blow me away with joy.  I have been given much, and I choose to embrace life in every form.   


Abortion is murder and it is wrong.  God is the author of life, and only He is the one that can choose to give and to take away.  Abortion hurts women and it kills babies.  


I know these words are strong.  I do not stand in a place of judgement because I know exactly what the pressures of life are like.  But there is no excuse, and I can not be silent.  


It is said that "our ceiling is the next generation's floor".  If not in my lifetime, then my hope is that my children, or their children, will see the day where abortion will be seen as the abomination it really is.  


So- I will take my place on the vigil each week.  I'll share my thoughts here as I feel led.  I will love on my family with the honour & respect they deserve.  I will stop and talk and play with our neighbours' adopted kids.  I will pray, and raise funds and awareness for the victims of child-trafficking internationally by helping to facilitate more viewings of Nefarious: Merchant of Souls.  And as Al prepares to participate in Break the Cycle on October 30th in Cambodia, the kids and I will be home, participating in the Break the Cycle- Victoria event.  And I will thank God every day for the grace he showers upon me and offers so freely for us all.  

If you don't know this grace that I am talking about...the ability to walk in the peace of knowing that you are forgiven and loved- then start by just asking Him for it.  He loves to bless us with forgiveness, and He wants nothing more than for His kids to receive the fullness of His love, by faith! And please, would you send me a note?  We need to hold one another up in this journey.  I'd be so honored to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment